Press Release Peter Maynard
Iramoo Ward Candidate
Wyndham City Council Elections 2012
• Wyndham Vale Sports Club – current President
• Past President - Wyndhamvale Junior Football Club
• Wyndhamvale Juniors Football Club – current Public Officer
• Wyndhamvale Senior Football Club – current Public Officer
• Wyndhamvale Senior Football Club – past President
• Wyndhamvale Falcons Senior Football Club – Current Administrator
Peter Maynard local resident and community advocate has today announced that he will be a candidate in the upcoming Wyndham Anywhere City Council elections to be held in October 2012. I have lived in the municipality for over 30 years and in that time I have been a passionate and active advocate for the issues that are affecting the everyday lives of the residents. The explosive increase in land releases and population growth has far outstripped the provision of the infrastructure needed to service such an expanding city such as ours. Residents in the city of Wyndham are being choked by the lack of much needed improvements to public transport and improvements and upgrades to our stagnating road network, 'Mr Maynard said In order to help reduce the exodus of residents on a daily basis from the city to their place of work we need to also focus on supporting local businesses as well as new and emerging business employment opportunities. Our economic development unit needs to assist local business and help them to create strong and sustainable local employment opportunities for residents. In the long term this will have a profound effect on the road network as well as reducing the strain on our currently substandard public transport system, 'Mr Maynard said.
After speaking with many local residents I believe there are also a number of pressing issues that need to be addressed as a matter of urgency within this municipality. I have listed some that will be the focus of my attention if elected to council. I have a number of issues that I believe that are extremely important to the IRAMOO Ward and The City of Wyndham.
1. Full diamond interchange at Duncans Rd/Freeway
2. Removal of all Level Crossings in the city
3. Staged Upgrade and duplication of Ballan Road
4. Completion of Armstrong Road/Browns Road to the freeway
5. Upgrade to current Bus services
6. Renaming of the Regional Rail Link Station "Wyndham Vale" to Manor Lakes
7. Redesign of Greens Road/McGrath Road/Ballan Road roundabout/interchange to include controlled pedestrian crossing/s
8. Additional parking for Werribee CBD customers and local workers
9. Provide a bridge where Cottrell Street crosses the Werribee River
I am at training usually on Tuesday and Thursdays and am more than happy to catch up for a chat. Just come up and introduce yourself.
Currently involved in the following community groups.
• Wyndham Transport Advisory Committee (WTAC) – Resident Representative
• Wyndham Vale reserve (North) working group committee - Member
• Wyndham Vale Pavilion/Reserve (south) design advisory committee – Member
• City of Wyndham representative on the Regional Rail Link Community Reference Group
Community groups previously involved in:
• Iramoo Community Centre Committee Of Management - Chairperson
• Wyndham Volunteer Co-ordinators Network - Member
• Wyndham Moto X Club – past President/Public Officer.
• City of Wyndham Residents/Community Committee Addressing issues Relating to Graffiti and Chroming - Committee Member.
• City of Wyndham Local Community Safety Committee – past Committee Member.
• City Of Wyndham Community Safety Committee past Chairperson.
• Project Control/Design Group Iramoo Community Centre - Committee Member.
• Mambourin Enterprises. (Wyndham Centre intellectually Disabled) - Committee Member
Peter can be contacted as follows:
Face book: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Peter-Maynard-Iramoo-Ward-Candidate/293262910725697
Mobile: 0412 382 069